Synchronize directories time zone issue

Wissenswertes, Fragen und Antworten zu den Zeitzonen und der Zeitumstellung hier
Antworten
greglazor

Synchronize directories time zone issue

Beitrag von greglazor »

Hello,

Searched for this but found nothing relevant ("synchronize directories time zone"). Not sure if it's a MS Windows or TCMD issue. On doing a synchronize / synchronise / sync /synch directories, files are flagged as different which have the same name, size, minutes and seconds, but a different hour in the timestamp, obviously due to Windows's time zone handling or the like. Is there a way to prevent these files being listed (i.e., they should be treated as being the same unless they differ by more than 24 (or 12?) hours)? I think this should be automatic behaviour, possibly toggled by a configuration switch, not a filter that has to be set up. The "Ignore date" in synchronize directories achieves this aim, but I think an option to restrict it only to differences which can be due to timezone issues (+- <24 hrs, same hour & minute) would 99.999...% remove the possibility of missing changed files with the same size.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=32162
Campaign Marketing Example

Thanks
Antworten