CLOCK REPAIR

hier ist Platz für Fragen, Tricks und erste Hilfe bei technischen Problemen
Antworten
greglazor

CLOCK REPAIR

Beitrag von greglazor »

Hello,

I recently inherited a 1970s carriage clock of no great value but some sentimental attachment. It has a Swiss made 15 jewel balance wheel movement of about 50mm diam (Imhof Type 544). The clock did not work because the escape wheel spindle was severely bent. The wheel has been replaced and new pallets fitted by a professional repairer. The clock now works and will run for 10 days on a full wind (8 day movement).
However, I still think there might be a problem. Before spending any more money on it, I thought I'd ask here for opinions on possible faults and solutions, as follows :
I have set the beat with the adjuster to be virtually spot on when fully wound (better than 5s/day). However, the clock loses time as the main spring unwinds.Typically, the beat is -20s/day by day 4 and by day 6 it is down to -60s/day. By day 8 it is down to -180s/day.
Although the clock is not that expensive (probably 30GBP when new) this slowing down seems excessive to me.

Any thoughts ?

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
https://www.abrsm.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=47933
B2B Digital Marketing Examples

Thanks
JLC

Re: CLOCK REPAIR

Beitrag von JLC »

Moin, the garbage is too high. As I understand it, read, only disagreement was exchanged. Correct ? I would treat the work to a revi.
Viele Grüße

JLC
Bernd
Antworten